Gran Turismo 5
- Premium car interiors look great
- Support for standard USB steering wheels (haven't tried mine out yet)
- Beautiful, 1080p, mostly glitch-free graphics
- Weather effects including rain and snow on the windshield, night driving with headlights, windshield wipers! Cloud effects when people go into the dirt are also noteworthy.
- No auction house for buying & selling cars
- Snow and rain don't affect anything but interior view
- Some weird shadow effects going on
- No braking-only driving line (altho the braking indicator in the gear heads up is arguably better)
- No classes/rating system for cars -- Career mode would be more interesting the game forced you to drive against comparable cars, and multiplayer would be more interesting if you could filter/see races based on car class.
- Bumper-car effects when running into other cars, landing after a jump, hitting a wall, etc. You don't get the sense that the vehicle is absorbing any of the impact.
- Sand traps don't slow you down enuff. People be taking advantage of this in multiplayer.
- The user interface is cluttered and weird. I need to talk to some tweens to see if it makes sense to them.
- No damage model (coming later it seems?)
- Audio sucks -- engine sounds, collision sounds, soundtrack, everything
- No interior view on "standard" cars
- Never realized how much I detest the teeny-tiny PS3 controller 'til now. This controller was made for my four year old son! Glad I've got a steering wheel to try.